Virtue: Allah says in the Quran: “So remember Me, I will remember you…”
When we remember Allah, He remembers us. Let’s reflect on the following verse and some of the hadith of the prophet to see the benefits of remembering Allah.
“Therefore remember Me (by praying, glorifying), I will remember you, and be grateful to Me (for My countless Favors on you) and never be ungrateful to Me.”
Benefits Of Remembrance:
1. Remembering Allah (SWT) expels the Devil, weakens his plots and removes his whisperings from the heart of a Muslim.
2. In the remembering Allah (SWT) lies His satisfaction.
3. It wipes out the worries and sadness from one’s heart.
4. Remembering Allah (SWT) eases the way of achieving daily livelihood.
5. It brings dignity, delightfulness and radiance to the life of a Muslim.
6. It causes the love of Allah (SWT), which is the spirit of Islam and the leading ethics of the religion, the basic of happiness and salvation. Allah (SWT) has made for everything a reason and the main reason for obtaining His love is to remember Him continuously. Those who desire to gain such love should remember Him forever.
7. Allah (SWT) remembers those who remember Him. As he mention in His Holy Book: “Therefore remember Me (by praying, glorifying, etc.). I will remember you,” (Al-Baqarah 2:152). Such prestige and dignity is enough for a Muslim to be proud of and it shows the greatness of this act.
8. Those who remember Allah (SWT) sakinah (the feelings of calmness, tranquility and happiness) will descend on their heart.
Reference: Al-Baqarah Verse 152