Virtue: Durood-Salam and Blessing Muhammad (saw)
What is Durood ?
Durood is an invocation which Muslims make by saying specific phrases to compliment the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) Say durood whenever a Muslim reads, speaks or hears the name of Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). Durood, which is a kind of prayer and is mentioned in hadith as well as in Quran.
"Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet. O you who have believed, ask [ Allah to confer] blessing upon him and ask [ Allah to grant him] peace." [Surah Al-Ahzab, Verse 56]
O Allah we are sending salutation on the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) and his family, and also sending mercy and blessings
Anas ibn Malik narrates that Muhammad said : He who reads a single Durood upon me, Almighty Allah blesses him ten times, ten of his sins are forgiven, and he is increased ten times in stages.
1. For every Durood Shareef that you recite, ten sins are forgiven, ten good deeds are entered into your sheet of actions and ten position are upgraded.
2. Allah showers ten blessings on the man who recites a Durood.
3. Reciting Durood Shareef eradicates poverty and hunger.
4. Any one who recites excessive Durood Shareef in this world will be safe and sound in the next world.
5. Reciting Durood Sharif on Friday: Holy Prophet (SAW) said: “On Friday, send Durood abundantly to me, as it is presented before me.” (Abu Dawud). For receiving rewards from Allah Almighty we should recite Durood Sharif on Friday.
6. Acceptance of Supplications: Since Durood Sharif is a source of acceptance of supplications. Allah accepts our all Duas if we recite Durood Sharif on Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
7. The closest of you to me on the Date of Resurrection in any place will be those who sent the most blessings upon me in this world. Whoever sends blessings upon me on the day of Friday and the night of Friday one hundred times, Allah will meet one hundred needs of his, seventy of his needs in the Hereafter and thirty of his needs in this world. Then Allah will appoint an angel with (these blessings) who will place them in my grave as one of you brings a gift. He will tell me who sends blessings upon me, his name, his lineage and his tribe, and I shall record it with me on a white sheet.
8. Solve Problems: If anyone is involved in a difficulty then he must recite Durood Sharif in countless numbers. Also when someone is angry, he should recite Durood Sharif Insha-Allah, Allah will solve all his problems.
Reference: [Sunan an-Nasa'i 1297; Book 13, Hadith 119]