Virtue: The benefits and virtues of this Ayah are numerous and here are some of them:
• A Guarantee of Paradise insha'Allah!
• It was narrated that Abu Umamah said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Ayat Al-Kursi immediately after each prescribed Prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.”
• In it the Most Great Name of Allah (ismullahi al-’atham) is mentioned.
• It protects one’s self, property and home from the shayatin (devils) and brings one relief from difficulties.
• The believer who recites it following an obligatory salah is under the Care and Protection of Allah until the commencement of the next prayer.
• It is the only place in the Quran where the Kursi (Footstool of Allah) is mentioned
• It brings an abundance of blessings when recited and blown upon food and drink
Reference: Reported by An-Nasa’i and Ibn Hibban.